I thinks it is time I confess some of my reading habits.
1. When I bought a book of which I also loved the cover, I sometimes buy the Kindle version as well. Yes, just to keep it as new.
Some people can read a book and put it back in their bookshelf like no one ever touched it. Well, not me. I hate this about myself, but I always get folds and chocolate stains in it (I like to eat chocolate while reading, maybe I shouldn’t).
2. Sometimes I compare people I encounter with fictional characters.
I once compared someone to Shakespeare’s ‘Iago’ (from Othello), which was totally permissible.
3. I sniff my newly purchased books.
I can’t help it! Love the smell. I can’t be the only one, right?
4. I have different “categorized” piles of books in every imaginable place in my house.
I have a nice bookshelf which is half full, because I have all of these small piles of “currently reading”, “want to read”, “nice covers” and “just finished” -books. In my mind they are perfectly categorized, but to anyone else it probably just looks like a lot of piles of books.
5. I read at least three books at the same time.
I need to have different books for different times of the day: a ‘before I go to sleep’-book, a ‘during the day’-book, and a book that is really light for when my mind is blur after listening to too many lectures in one day.
So these are my weird reading habits, anyone who recognizes this? Or anyone who has other habits to share? Please, tell me!!